Connecting a 24V supply to some crimped wires | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Connecting a 24V supply to some crimped wires in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cmatson

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,
This is probably a very straightforward question, but I'm a bit confused about what I actually need to do this.

I have a device that came with a 12 pin connecting cable (unwired) that is used for data transfer and power. I can deal with the data cables, but the 3 wires for the power (+24V supply voltage, 0V supply voltage and earth) I need to connect somehow.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Connecting a 24V supply to some crimped wires
They have these crimp (?) pin connections on the end (they look a bit like this picture). Does anyone know what it is I need to get a 24V power supply (presumably this is DC) to connect to these pins?

It feels like something I could do myself if I just knew what it is I need to buy, but it is possible I'm wrong and actually should get an electrician.

Thanks for the help on this.

Those crimps are known as ferrules. they are intended to allow screw or clamp terminals to grip fine stranded wire reliably.

You can use them with most types of terminal. Also, as already said you could cut them off and solder to whatever (assuming you have the tools & ability to solder well).

Reply to Connecting a 24V supply to some crimped wires in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Yes that will do the job - presuming there is a battery in it and it's working Ok! Turn the rotary knob one click to the V setting as you say...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is such a noob question, but I'm struggling with something that seems like it should be fairly straightforward. I have numerous 24v...
Replies
Views
  • Question
One of those backlight Chinese testers may have helped that’s if the tester didn’t catch fire or electrocute you. LED TV Backlight Tester 12W LED...
2 3
Replies
Views
Went into an MCCB, terminated very nicely thank you very much, however it was just me doing some training with crimping. 'introducing extra point...
Replies
Views
"It works" and "it's safe" are not necessarily the same thing. With DIY work, they are often far from the same thing.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks