Conservatory fan... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Conservatory fan... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hello again....

Got to install a conservatory fan in next couple of weeks. Never had the pleasure of putting one up / buying one before.

Conservatory is existing.

Any advice welcome, and which ones are half decent, but not megga bucks?

(Think I will be sweating my t1ts off doing this one, was only in there 2 mins the other day having a look and it must have been about 30degrees:eek:.... might get something to throw over the roof if it's still weather like this:cool:)

Cheerio Sy

make sure you get good fixings went to a job where the guy had fitted it him self only lasted 3 hours before it took off

Would have loved to have seen that..:D:D

Just incase it's a combined fan/light unit I always run a 3core+cpc upto the fan position. This way both light and fan can be switched seperately at the wall switch incase the client cant reach the individual pullcords on the fane itself.

agree with lenny if wiring, but as for buying i often use TLC online but if just a basic light/fan i find B&Q or Argos do the job and as bugsy said make sure of a damn good fixing. I either get the fitter to put in a bock of wood to fix to or use self tappers through the frame being v careful to keep it to the outside of the frame.

make sure you have allowed enough time to put it together, three screws in each blade then 2 screws to hold each blade to the rotor. then customer desides that he would prefere the othere side if the blades cause there a different pattern........

Had a look not so bad really.... was light up there already which they dont use... took this and PVC backing plate down and behind this a nice big lump of metal where all the the structure connects to. Just got make up some sort of bracket to fix it to, good old bit of shallow strurt should do it and couple of gutter bolts.

Sy

Reply to Conservatory fan... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net