Consoles | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Consoles in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
Simple question. Anyone used these?

If so what do you think of them? Pros - Cons etc.

Thanks

P.S. Not my install, web search picture.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Consoles
    Consule bucket 1.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 53
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] Consoles
    Consule Bucket.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 47
We've looked at them for a flat roof mounted system on some local church buildings. Not used them yet though (planning issues at the moment). I've not been that involved on this particular project but I do remember the manufacturer recommending something like 40kg of ballast required in each bucket for the system we were looking at. Not a problem for a ground mounted system but beware of roof loadings!!

I'm not sure these look very secure, it would'nt take long to unplug and carry these off if ground mounted,i think i'd go with something like the schuco system that you did (very nice looking job by the way) on the other hand i expect this system is a lot quicker and cheaper to install

My concerns over these are one of security as like you say unplug and walk away however they have approximately 60Kg of ballast weight in them just like on flat roof systems. They allow for a lower array so aesthetically more pleasing. I have seen them as ground mount and have a confirmed job in January to use them. Where we are installing them security isn't a great issue as the site is pretty secure and hidden. Not sure I would want to use these in a visual area or near a road for example. The biggest draw back with the Schuco system is it size. Standing just over 3mts high it is a monster in a garden but I liked installing it.

Reply to Consoles in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net