cooker isolaters position | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss cooker isolaters position in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mamba

Does anyone know through 17th or building regs what are the min and max distances say a 45 Amp D/P cooker switch must be from the cooker.
I understand that the min is 300mm from cooker and to the side and must not be more than 2 meters away be visible accessible and in the same room as cooker for quick isolation. My supervisor agrees that that 300mm is min and goes on to say that it can be located anywhere?? Working on a multi million pound apartment and designers have put it in a cupboard about 4 meters from cooker. Have looked for definitive however just get recommendations suggestions and should not concrete fact.:cool:

differing opinions will be found from different members about the cooker control switch. it must be fixed to the fabric of the building the controversy is do fixed kitchen units count as the fabric of the building and can it be behind a cupboard door. personally ive seen and done both with no problems. it should be within 2 metres of the appliance though.

OK lets get shot down.

Ideally away from potential heat damage - 300mm is fine. Maximum distance? Well....

You do not have to have the pullcord switch (or any other switch) for a shower in the bathroom. I queried it once with the NIC ! I believe local isolation is a good thing but it appears NOT to be statutory because, possibly, you can turn the cooker off on its own controls.

Therefore you can put the switch anywhere as long as there is a means of isolation.

Anyone got any labels......? :D

Reply to cooker isolaters position in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net