cooker switch | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss cooker switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

teeach

just looked at a property that wanted their cooker wiring in. lady just had rewire and electrician had chased or put cable in for electric cooker, she has just had her kitchen fitted to quite a cost. the cu is only about 1.5-2m away (under stairs) but there is a wall in the way. cant really mount the switch the wall by cooker as it has all been tiled and all other switches are chased in plus would have to drill her brand new marble worktop, can i install the switch next to the consumer unit(under stairs) and just run a cable to the cooker from there??? i have read a few posts concerning cooker boxes in cupboards etc and seems it is ok as long as their accessible.

good practice is to keep isolator within 1.5 metres from cooker and readilly accessible ie if in cupboard then at front where it wont get buried

The requirement for a Cooker switch was done away with in the 16th.
Prior to that it was required, and had to be within 2m.
I believe it was in the 25th that it was allowed for two cookers to be controlled by just one switch, as long as both cookers were each within 2m of the switch.
Not aware of there ever being a 1.5m requirement?

Reply to cooker switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
When you say plus kettle, does this indicate you are needing 13A socket/s on the island and a hob supply? and then an oven supply on a tall...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have never used anything else. Room to dress 2 x 10mm2 T&E properly. Both flush metal boxes and surface boxes are available.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Obviously not a building/DIY forum so will keep it short but yes - we've taken all the floors up. Several joists in the bathroom need doing as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The cable is stuck firm in the chase. Its been plastered over with no channel cover. I was hoping to put a junction box in the loft and feed a new...
Replies
Views
Many thanks, that's helpful. I think it might be possible to make permanently dead the cabling running to the existing cooker switch, so on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks