Couple of basic questions | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Couple of basic questions in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nto

Hi all.

I have been asked to carry out a project for my boss, I am a trainee electrician, so be gentle:)

We are moving a joinery shop for a client and I have been asked to run the cables, no termination etc yet, I have been told I can use any source to get my information so here I am:)

Some questions.

1. I will be running 7 3 phase cables around the perimeter of the building, the joinery shop wants to make the cable tray from MDF and me fix the cables with palstic clamps, is this up to spec? or should the trunking tray be matallic?

2. I have to run 3 rings, can I use above mdf method or plastic trunking, and plastic wall mounted double sockets? its also a cost exercise;)

3. recommend to me please a good but cheap 3 phase dist board (12 way ish)

Thanks in advance, and if I can repay your generous advice with some tips on beer drinking please let me know.

Not sure i would be happy running cables on MDF, but, having said that, i cant really see a problem regs wise.

Hager would be my choice of DB.

Hi all.

I have been asked to carry out a project for my boss, I am a trainee electrician, so be gentle:)

We are moving a joinery shop for a client and I have been asked to run the cables, no termination etc yet, I have been told I can use any source to get my information so here I am:)

Some questions.

1. I will be running 7 3 phase cables around the perimeter of the building, the joinery shop wants to make the cable tray from MDF and me fix the cables with palstic clamps, is this up to spec? or should the trunking tray be matallic?

MDF outside?? That would be worth a look! Why not just screw them to the wall, that would be even cheaper!

2. I have to run 3 rings, can I use above mdf method or plastic trunking, and plastic wall mounted double sockets? its also a cost exercise;)

Any wiring method is a carefull consideration of the environment and the intended use. We all want to use plastic sockets but dont joinery shop workers carry wood around with them? Isnt that hard?

3. recommend to me please a good but cheap 3 phase dist board (12 way ish)
Well wylex or contactum should do the trick, but the difference will be £10-40 whats that in the cost of the job!

Thanks in advance, and if I can repay your generous advice with some tips on beer drinking please let me know.

dwhdqw

:confused::confused:

Mdf outside-my mistake when I say perimeter I meant internal. Because of the nature of the building (metal clad) we are trying to protect the walls from to many fixing holes.

Yes wood is hard. hth

I will have a look at the db you have recommended. Thanks

Reply to Couple of basic questions in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net