CSCS card what grade should an electrician be. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss CSCS card what grade should an electrician be. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GrannySmiff

I am applying for my CSCS card passed the test, be difficult not to pass really the basic one anyway.

Need to tick one of these boxes, not sure which one though? basic level card? construction related occupation. What colour are your guys cscs cards, I am not fussed about getting a skilled card as I will have to send of my C&G certs and don't want them to get lost.

[ElectriciansForums.net] CSCS card what grade should an electrician be.
Cheers guys.

but I didn't do the ecs test, I need to do the ecs test?. I thought I can just do the cscs card test as all jobs say must have cscs card, i never see ecs.

Please don't tell me I just wasted £70

Yeah mate, you want the ECS card..

Also, you should really send off your qualifications because that's what gets you your grading.. Seems a bit silly to have done all that college and stuff but still be graded an ancilliary operative.

What a sod, I thought they might have twigged it there.

but why do jobs ask for cscs cards? I am just going to get the basic level cscs card, why is it trying to be a jib card with quals and stuff, its a health and saftey card box ticking waste of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind proving it but am worried about sending all my quals of to this company and them losing them? when its just a health and safety card.

Just paranoid as have been told its is very hard to get new copy's of certificates, would rather keep them in my portfolio and show any employer that way.

There is a phone no for the official CSCS people so will ring them tomorrow, as the company I booked it through just take their cut for booking it and can't offer help.

Cheers guys.

Yeah, know what you mean. I'm doing mine soon (just a bit late haha) but have forked out more money to fast track it in a day coz of possible new work, but that's at JIB place in Sidcup.

That way I don't actually have to part with any of me papers etc.

Hi There

I agree with most the posts I have a sjib grading card and the health and safety has a part just for electricians i dont thing you would get on a site to work as a spark with a general health and safety ticket. I did not send originals certs to jib just photocopies and they had no problem with that.

Danny

I haven't done the CSCS card but have the ECS one and there are a number of questions on the ECS card which are electrically based, if you haven't done it I can't see you getting a JIB card without it even though the ECS card is affiliated to the CSCS card.

Reply to CSCS card what grade should an electrician be. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net