CSCS Card | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss CSCS Card in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

richardhammond

hi all,
im after a bit of advice as to which cscs card i need, i am qualified to do pat testing and i am looking at doing alot of work testing tools on sites, which card would i need to jave to enable me to get onto the sites?
thank you
Richard

I would have thought a CSCS card was all you needed. Quite a few PAT testers are not electricians so would not expected to have an ECS.
You may find that you might get a jobsworth site foreman/clerk of works who will want an ECS card as your working on "Electrics". I think you may have to use the old trusted pot luck on each site.

Malcolm's right, you'll probably get away with a CSCS but for what it's worth, you may as well do the ECS test, it probably has a little more value to it.

i wsould get the ecs card. it's only about £35 to do the test and carries more weight than cscs. contact ECAand find a local centre.

anyone got any links to cscs revision /sample questions. I am booked in to do the basic operatives test next week and although I dont expect any nasty surprises, you never know.

they wanted an extra tenner for that,not having worked for over 4 weeks and having my van done over to boot, I need to keep costs down to the bone!!

thats what i.m banking on , i was a USR plus have done loads of safety induction courses at various companies so shouldnt be a problem.I did find a few sample questions in a construction publication but they went from common sense ( what do you do if you find asbestos) to specifics ( ie the exact minimum distance oxygen tanks need to be kept from butane onsite)

there is a CSCS Book ( Even available in POLISH) all questions and answers are in there

Last edited by a moderator:
They do but let's be honest here, 95% of this is common sense, some of it bordering on ridiculous!

My Mrs had a flick through my book n asked" Does anyone fail this cos even I could pass it the questions are common sence!" only the questions about whats reportable and Acronim ones may catch some people out

anyone got any links to cscs revision /sample questions. I am booked in to do the basic operatives test next week and although I dont expect any nasty surprises, you never know.

I reckon you should be ok, I took this one after my firm booked me in for the wrong test (maybe it was cheaper!) and the questions are ridiculous...if you smell gas what should you do a) light a match b) ignore it...that sort of thing. One of our lads did fail it though, not quite sure how! :D

my favoroute question on the cscs went something like this

you have to do a job in an area where the atmosphere is toxic do you

A. send your mate in
B.go in anyway and do the job
c. stop and inform your supervisor

well we all know its send your mate in

my favoroute question on the cscs went something like this

you have to do a job in an area where the atmosphere is toxic do you

A. send your mate in
B.go in anyway and do the job
c. stop and inform your supervisor

well we all know its send your mate in