CSCS Grade | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss CSCS Grade in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

liam b

all you sparks using a cscs for site work what grade have you gone for?

all need to show NVQ certs by the look of it

cheers

ECS relates to Health & Safety. It is affiliated to CSCS but is not CSCS.

Grading is to do with the JIB but is displayed on ECS/JIB cards.

im talking about CSCS not ECS,
i dont have NVQ3 yet so cant go for approved

i just want a cscs but i need to choose a grading to go for

cheers

im talking about CSCS not ECS,
i dont have NVQ3 yet so cant go for approved

i just want a cscs but i need to choose a grading to go for

cheers

Don't see how you can have any grading with CSCS. Presumably the card will just say "General Site Operative" or "Construction Related Discipline" or something similar.

for an operative card you need proof of nvq level 1 'in the allowed occupations'
theres cards like 'experienced worker' which are temp while you do an nvq3

i thought there was just one.

I had to sit the ECS test yesterday (fast track) and all they gave me was a 'trainee electrician' stage two, dispite having over 10 yrs of experience, a letter of endorsement from my employer plus previous employer, city and guilds 2330, 17th edition wiring regs, and 2391. Go figure!!! Not worth a ..........

I think CSCS do different colour cards for different roles/levels etc. I think thats what he's asking, I have a ECS cert anyhow

I think CSCS do different colour cards for different roles/levels etc. I think thats what he's asking, I have a ECS cert anyhow

yeah thats what i mean

on the application form for the card it asks what cscs occupation, i dont know what to put

theres skilled worker cards and all sorts

cheers

I had to sit the ECS test yesterday (fast track) and all they gave me was a 'trainee electrician' stage two, dispite having over 10 yrs of experience, a letter of endorsement from my employer plus previous employer, city and guilds 2330, 17th edition wiring regs, and 2391. Go figure!!! Not worth a ..........

If you completed an apprenticeship, 17th AND 2391 you should be given "Approved Electrician".

I am as above BUT no 2391 so my grade says "Installation Electrician"...

they say that you need NVQ3 now to get graded. Ive got mate with 2360 part 1 +2 and course C. he applied 3 times for grading before they gave him approved.

I think its to ensure that you have experience on site, and not just sat at college for 3 years.
With employers letters and 10 years exp, i dont see why you aint graded though!

If you completed an apprenticeship, 17th AND 2391 you should be given "Approved Electrician".

Except I don't have my nvq 3 yet, that was the idea behind getting a letter of endorsement from my employer!!! NOT that that done any good.

Installation Electrician is an Occupation (not a Grade). Electrician and Approved Electrician are specific JIB Grades.

when you apply for your cscs just state operative, then apply for you ecs where you will be graded.

Why not just apply for ECS? Don't see the benefit of a CSCS given that ECS is designed for the electrotechnical sector.

Strictly speaking a non-ECS CSCS card should not be available to people in the Electrotechnical sector.

Why not just apply for ECS? Don't see the benefit of a CSCS given that ECS is designed for the electrotechnical sector.

Strictly speaking a non-ECS CSCS card should not be available to people in the Electrotechnical sector.
exactly. mine says TRAINEE in big letters across the bottom - looks real professional turning upto site with that.
although the bigger companies are going to start restricting your on site work to that that is stated on your cs card.

Are companies really goinig to restrict you on sites without these cards. From what I read on this site all that happens is people go on site with improver and or trainee cards and get on with the work. Job done!

Reply to CSCS Grade in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net