D.C Motor Starters | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss D.C Motor Starters in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mhs

Hi all

Can anyone tell me, how many types of DC motor starters are there? Please send me any document on this which contains all the types of DC motor starters with their electrical diagrams and working.

Regards,

mhs

Going back to my college days, we did loads of theory on DC starters. They all involved starting the motor with resistance in series with the armature until the motor rotated and the back emf built up. It was gradually reduced until it run at full speed and torque.

In practice, I have seen very few like this. The modern way of doing it is to reduce the armature current at start up by chopping the waveform through the armature by thyristors.

Reply to D.C Motor Starters in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Try connecting a piece of wire directly to the starter motor control terminal, as well as any wires that are already connected there. Connect the...
Replies
Views
Sorry i think i may have confused the situation - "relay" is a general term in this context. The starter "relay" nowadays is usually located...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I always wanted to use a starter of this type around the house to operate some inconspicuous piece of equipment such as an extractor fan. Even...
Replies
Views
  • Question
U1 an U2 are the main winding terminals for power 'in'.
Replies
Views
Good one . Thanks. I was finding Fluke etc £££!
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks