Day 2 Thread 2 - Soviet Union Electrics | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Day 2 Thread 2 - Soviet Union Electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My mate who I went to college with has recently moved back to Lithuania and sent over some photos of the old Soviet Union era wiring.

Line & Neutral, no CPC and the Conductors aren’t identifiable. The cores are aluminium. No Consumer Unit inside the flat, just a 3 pole MCB in the big Meter box along with every other flats 3 pole MCB.

He thinks it dates from the late 1940s to mid 1950s. I found it quite interesting.

He has now rewired it all with a split load RCD consumer unit by the looks. Unsure of the manufacturer though.

Anyone have any idea on the type of cable that was used?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Day 2 Thread 2 - Soviet Union Electrics

OMG 😲 I guess theres a lot of work over there then if all the sparks are needing rewire everything across the country!

It's cool that you keep in touch. How long ago was college for you both then mate?

OMG 😲 I guess theres a lot of work over there then if all the sparks are needing rewire everything across the country!

It's cool that you keep in touch. How long ago was college for you both then mate?

I presume so Dan haha. It would’ve been nice to compare it to a new installation over there and see how they differ.

Yeah it is cool, he’s a great lad. He had saved up for a deposit for a house in England but his deposit was enough to buy outright in Lithuania so he chose the latter. College wasn’t that long ago really. Finished summer 2021.

Reply to Day 2 Thread 2 - Soviet Union Electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net