Day 2 (what a day) | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Day 2 (what a day) in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Staff member
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Solutions
Reaction score
so today started at about 6am

Trip to birmingham to collect some tools and cable that I had forgotten to load into the car last night. Grrrr.

Then a full day fitting new light guards and control panel to a cnc sheet bending machine.
Not quite finished but company closes at 17.30 on the dot.

Brakedown call out to the local abattoir as one of there sheep moving conveyors is tripping the breaker.
Found faulty motor (no need for IR testing, can measure continuity between earth and windings with a 2 pole tester)
disconnected and left for them to remove and pass on to the motor rewinders tomorrow.

Just got home at 20.45, still got paperwork to do and I smell like dead sheep / disinfectant and other things that only those who have worked in such places can understand. Its enough to put you off your beer!!

What a mission!
Tbh I'm glad it's not just me.
I've had a loooong day too, not as early as you by 1/2 hour but not long got back and my drivers window went with a bang when I went to close it and now will not go up or down.
YAY I know what I will be doing now!!
😕

[ElectriciansForums.net] Day 2 (what a day)
Well at about 9.30 last night I stripped the door card off and found the culprit, cable snapped and end off. So I spent another hour and managed to get the window secured up.
Also managed to order a new one so that will keep me busy when it turns up!

Reply to Day 2 (what a day) in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks