Delta...or criss cross? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Delta...or criss cross? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

skipper

Hi folks, would appreciate a little help here. I'm used to three phase 12 wire star configurations on gennys, but I've just come across a small (10KvA) set wired for single phase.
I can't work out if it's delta, double delta or criss cross.

U1 = 1 and 12, and is the L1 take off point.

V1 = 4 and 5 and is the neutral and PE point

W1 = 8 and 9

W2 = 10 and 11

U2 = 2 and 3

V2 = 6 and 7

Been puzzling over this one, but I reckon at least one of you will know the answe in a flash!

Thanks,

Skipper.

Thanks Lenny, I haven't run the genny yet but when I di I'll check the vlotages as you say.
To be honest, it doesn't look like the diagram, so I reckon you're right about zig zag....or as a sparky friend of mine call it, criss cross! Sorry if that confused you, lol!

I used to work on motors that were either double star & delta or star and double delta......no wonder I can't remember!!

Bloody Italians : )

I used to work on motors that were either double star & delta or star and double delta......no wonder I can't remember!!

Bloody Italians : )

This one's a MeccAlte! It's a Ranger 24 alternator if that's any help. Haven't had time to take a closer look at it but unless some more Christmas lights go bang I'll be on it tomorrow!:D

Reply to Delta...or criss cross? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
after changing to delta you may need some kind of surge protection
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am puzzled by this. You're using £20,000 worth of battery banks and inverters, but can't spring the few hundred quid for a 1-3 VSD to smoothly...
Replies
Views
My preference is to have a filtered fan low down blowing in to the panel and an exhaust vent with a course mesh or louvred vent near the top...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok Dave thanks, no more accidents yet 🙏😂….
    • Informative
    • Winner
Replies
Views
  • Question
Your motor is 250kw so at flc you have approximately 400A. Sizing a single conductor for this current is putting you in the realms of 300.0 and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks