Diagnosing energy draining devices | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Diagnosing energy draining devices in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jerry45

I have been having good luck in helping my commercial and industrial customers reduce energy consumption by conducting portable energy audits to track down energy draining devices. As a first step I connect the clamps and leads of my Fluke 434 power quality analyzer and select energy from the menu to measure measure the average watts of the equipment that I am suspicious of. Then I convert the average watts reading to watt-hours by multiplying by the amount of time over which the average was measured. This technique for measuring real power consumption (kWh) can also be applied to apparent power (kVA) and reactive power (kVAR) by setting the power meter to measure the running average kVA and kVAR and multiplying by the recording time.

Reply to Diagnosing energy draining devices in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
Re: What KVA value - Can someone help please for a tyre garage, MOT station and offic You really need someone to come and assess your demand...
Replies
Views
J
I sometimes use thermal imager to spot the hotspots in machine controls and fuseboards with regard to preventative maintenance which tends to get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks