Din Rail Connectors | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Din Rail Connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
When making up a connection box for heating controls or whatever, and using din rail connectors.... What do you use?

I like WAGO style connectors for speed when making off downlights etc, and i like to concept of each conductor having its own terminal, I have seen they make Din Rail connectors also and considering trying them.

Has anyone used them, are they any good, value for money?

dearer tnan the screw type, bou good, one problem is that if you use the gn/y terminals, they commom all the earths through the rail, so you is buggered for testing.

Have used them a couple of times when re-locating a fuse box in order to extend the cables. A little pricy but doesn't break the bank and it does enable a very neet job. It can even pay for itself if subsequently you find there is a problem with a circuit since its easier to understand than a birds nest of choc blocks or Wagos or the like.

The comment about the earth terminals is true but not applicable to the standard S or Y type wireing center where all the earths are joined together anyway.

We use the screw terminals because there's such a wide variety available and if we need fused terminals or want to use a link bar across the top of neutrals for example it makes life easier.

Reply to Din Rail Connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Richard, thanks for your comment. The relay is rated 12A peak. It's also worth noting that a relay contact will perform differently depending...
    • Winner
Replies
Views
I guess my last post was even less direct than intended.
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
Having all neutrals commoned on outgoing cables would be problematic where more than one RCD is present or where such protection is afforded...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
My thoughts exactly! Snowed under with work at the moment, so might have to pass it on 😬😬
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I already have a good number of the 32A single gang connectors so I'll be using those on each individual wire...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks