disabling scart pins | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss disabling scart pins in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

waigy

-
Reaction score
I'm using this freeview receiver with this scart adapter.

When you plug in the scart adapter it routes the audio and video outputs to the rca connecters and it disables audio on the freeview speaker.
I want to use the video rca connecter but not the audio rca connecters.
This will mean it will play sound out of the freeview speaker and send video to the adapter.

If I remove pin number 4 (audio earth) from the adapter will this do what I want?

As an Amazon Associate Electricians Forums may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
No that will not do it. Have a look at pin 8. This is the switch pin that devices use to auto route signals. Not sure it will do exactly what you want though.

I have a small monitor connected to the video output and it needs a scart switching pin to bring it out of sleep.
I don't know if there are separate switching pins for audio and video.

I have a small monitor connected to the video output and it needs a scart switching pin to bring it out of sleep.
I don't know if there are separate switching pins for audio and video.

Unfortunately not. But if you disable pin 8 then it may give you a start. Plenty of info on SCART connectors on the web.

SOLVED. I just found out the freeview receiver doesn't have a speaker inside, it just looks like it does.
So I have to use the audio outputs.

Ah, that's what you meant by 'freeview speaker'. I don't think any of those have a built in speaker. Glad you sorted it anyhow.

SCART cable?

When I were a lad we used coax leads ONLY!

I’ve got an old desktop pc in my garage, and I share the tv I use as a monitor with my CCTV…

The CCTV is connected by VGA, as tv only has one HDMI socket.
Took me months to find an old vga cable that I knew I had somewhere.

Those were the days…..

Who says you can’t “hear” a picture?

[ElectriciansForums.net] disabling scart pins

Hang on, Moley… we both just posted “those were the days”

The things people could make a Vic 20 do when it only had 3.5KB usable RAM were amazing. It was my first computer also, and I learnt to program on it, as well as on the BBC model Bs at school. Haven't got my original Vic, but have got 3 others in the loft.

Later, we 'upgraded' to an Amstrad CPC6128 with dedicated monitor and built in floppy disc drive.

The manual had about as many pages as the phone book of the time, more than half of which were dedicated to Basic programmes for games like bat and ball. Typing in line after line from the manual, to be rewarded many hours later with a cutting edge gaming experience!

I will never forget the sound of games loading from a cassette deck!

Reply to disabling scart pins in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net