Dishwasher separate circuit? | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Dishwasher separate circuit? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sivoodoo

Does a dishwasher have to be on its own dedicated circuit?

The dishwasher in queston has a moulded 13amp plug top.

I cant find anything in the regs to state it does. Im installing a kitchen ring at a reasonable price and an other spark who lost the contract due to his astronomical price is telling the client it does!

Any pointers?

Regards

si

Ok so no it does not,
but if the socket for the dishwasher is behind the dishwasher is there any regs that state it needs a fused swithced spur above the worktop.

Or can I just plug it nto the double pole socket behind the unit and have done.
The customer is trying to save money.

Thanks

You will get all sorts of answers to that, but personally, if its a freestanding dishwasher then i dont see any reason why it cant be behind, although it will make the appliance stick out the front as the plug will be in the way.

IDEALLY, it should have a separate isolator OR be installed somewhere accessible.

So long as the appliance is freestanding and not integrated it doesn't need an FCU but beware of leaky pipes behind the appliance have a look at EGBR part p green book page 60-61 :)

Also if the client is still unsure about your decision get him to have a look at this thread ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Dishwasher separate circuit? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net