dol starter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss dol starter in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Staffie

Anybody used TEND starters and overloads? Pretty cheap, but are they worth it?

Cheers!

Any information on them?

Is it Trend or Tend?

It's TEND. They're on the tool station website. While I use them for stuff like drill bits, backboxes etc, I'm a little wary about some of their electrical stuff! I bought a contactor pack of double sockets some years ago, they were so bad, I threw them away! On the plus side, they're generally cheaper than screwfix, and they are extremely reliable with delivery!

Last edited by a moderator:
"You get what you pay for" springs to mind.

Get one, have a look at it, see for yourself what the build quality is like, it's fixing options, it's construction and what it feels like when terminating!

Listen to hear if the terminals squeak when you tighten them, feel the contactor to see if it feels sturdy. Can you take it apart to replace the coil?

You have to purchase a separate overload and isolator.

As a final test... rig one up then soak the bl00dy thing like an operator would!

Good move

A few years ago I was called in the engineers office. “I’ve just been given this starter as a sample, take it in to the shop and see what you think”.
I did, then wrapped it up in its nice packaging and threw it in the skip. It was funny watching the boss trying to get it back.
I just wish I could remember the name of them.

Reply to dol starter in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
The wiring looks ok. When you say it trips the breaker, do you mean the MCB supplying the starter? if so what is the rating of the MCB
Replies
Views
The photo shows the other wires going to a switch mounted on the cover, does this switch have a label or do you know what it is used for? The...
Replies
Views
plugging anything into the 12v socket will still going to drain the battery if the engine isnt running.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why are you doing this, you potentially could cause mains transients on smaller power networks and local installations, the reason it has a...
Replies
Views
Sorry i think i may have confused the situation - "relay" is a general term in this context. The starter "relay" nowadays is usually located...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks