Domestic alarm (customer has cat & dog) | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic alarm (customer has cat & dog) in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

p11jor

So today I finally pressed the rcd tripbutton on my tester and with few little bits and bobs to put back together my nightmare rewire was out of the way!

I had joiners putting architrave over back boxes, plasterers clipping my cables, change of kitchen plans, the decorator was painting about one ceiling a weekend so the 2nd fix was dragging on massively.

Customer comes in, happy with job, there's me thinking I am going to walk out the door never to return then they ask me to fit a alarm, they said "they were not to keen on cables around the house" so I thought wireless alarm great!.....then they tell me they have a cat and a dog.....

Any advice on a alarm for this??

Cheers guys

as above, but seriously. contact risco.co.uk. ask about gardner 595 panel , hard wired bell and keypad, but wireless detectors. ask for the "pet friendly" ones. they ignore animals up to a certain size, think around 20kg.

edit: if the customer had any sense, he'd have had a hard wired alarm fitted at the same time as the rewire.

Last edited:
I did advise perimeter but he was adamant on sensors....then started tell me about systems you have have for animals!![/QUOTE he right. see my last post. you can get pet friendly wireless and hard wired PIRs.

i remember the 1st 1 they did, called the diamond 400. now that was a disaster. since they became risco, though, their gear is the best i've found for the money.

I might av a look at them, ive been installing honeywell, which are pretty good but not sure if they do wireless sensors, i know they do a complete wireless system. The sensors are usually pet tolorant up to 100lbs which i suppose will be like a rotweiller (is that spelt right)

Ah ha thanks for correcting me.... Thats what i would of thought but in the instructions for the sensor it states 100lb mind u it wasnt a honeywell sensor but texecom, the main box was honeywell. Id say anythink bigger than a staffordshire, use a door sensor or none at all in the room. What do you reckon

as sparky says id go with perimeter,wireless vibs and contacts,pet sensors do a job for dogs,but cats climb,
it doesn't matter if cats climb, as these PIRs go by body size, not like the old "pet trap" ones that just didn't cover low down to the floor.

Reply to Domestic alarm (customer has cat & dog) in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net