Domestic/commercial electrician looking to move to canada | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic/commercial electrician looking to move to canada in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fafafa

I am looking to move to toronto to work, Im qualified with 17th edition and been working for the last 9 years. Ive mostly been doing domestic rewires, some shop fits schools etc.

How easy would it be to get into the same kind of work in toronto,
and whats the deal with recruitment agencys across there, ive used them quite a bit here and just now seems to be the easiest way to get work, are they used in canada as much?

How much money would be needed roughly to survive before the wages start to roll in, if there country is in demand for electricians surely i could get a job pretty fast and wouldnt need to much money to get set up across there, id be going across by myself.

any info from anyone whos moved to canada or is working in toronto would be great.

I am looking to move to toronto to work, Im qualified with 17th edition and been working for the last 9 years. Ive mostly been doing domestic rewires, some shop fits schools etc.

How easy would it be to get into the same kind of work in toronto,
and whats the deal with recruitment agencys across there, ive used them quite a bit here and just now seems to be the easiest way to get work, are they used in canada as much?

How much money would be needed roughly to survive before the wages start to roll in, if there country is in demand for electricians surely i could get a job pretty fast and wouldnt need to much money to get set up across there, id be going across by myself.

any info from anyone whos moved to canada or is working in toronto would be great.

I've worked in Canada (Toronto) this year albeit for a short period I done a FAT test on a caterpillar TBM so did not deal with install as such but there were installers there all I can say is that if your up on UK standards you'll easily pick UP Canadian standards. I'll also say that it's not a cheap place to stay infact it's very expensive!

Reply to Domestic/commercial electrician looking to move to canada in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net