Domestic Electrician jobs at British Gas | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic Electrician jobs at British Gas in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Helen BG

Hi all, British Gas are looking for Qualified Domestic Electricians in the following areas:
Dartford, Cambridge, Basingstoke, Uxbridge, South Bristol, Ealing, Newham, Blackpool and Preston, Forest, Essex (Southend, Chelmsford and Romford,) Lincoln, Perthshire, South Glasgow, Edinburgh and Central Scotland.

Electrician

British Gas is recruiting qualified Electricians to work in our customers’ premises. Field based in your local area, you willcarry out domestic installations, rewires, service and repairs. If you take pride in delivering the first class service our customers expect, you could build a great career at British Gas.

• Qualified Electrician
  • Basic salary £25,783 plus benefits package
  • Van, tools and uniform provided

As a British Gas Electrician, you will bring us your extensive experience in all aspects of domestic electrical work including installation, service, repairs and rewires. Your customer service skills and ability to solve problems will enable you to diagnose defects, work safely to ensure a first time fix for your customer, and promote British Gas products and services by giving professional advice.

You must be qualified in City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent, and City & Guilds 2382 - B.S. 7671 IEE Wiring regulations. You must also have experience working as a qualified domestic Electrician. We also require you to have a full UK driving licence with 6 points or less. In return, British Gas offers industry leading training and development, as well as a rewarding benefits package including holidays, pension and share schemes.

Click here to apply or set up a Job Alert British Gas Jobs - Find a job - Your applications - Your application

Many thanks

Helen can I ask why british gas never seem to be looking in the manchester area? I've seen these recruitment drives from bg for a good few years now, and manchester is never in. Is it because of me?

Hi Gaz,

I hope not! We tend to recruit for one of two reasons - wither to cope with a growing workload, or to replace staff who are moving on. If neither of these issues are raised in Manchester, thenwe will have no need to take anyone on. Things change all the time though, so please do set up a Job Alert by following this link.
British Gas Jobs - Find a job - Your applications - Your application

You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter

[url]www.Facebook.com/britishgasjobs[/URL] www.Twitter.com/britishgasjobs

I hope something is available for you soon.

Regards

Helen

Helen can I ask why british gas never seem to be looking in the manchester area? I've seen these recruitment drives from bg for a good few years now, and manchester is never in. Is it because of me?

Hi all, British Gas are looking for Qualified Domestic Electricians in the following areas:
Dartford, Cambridge, Basingstoke, Uxbridge, South Bristol, Ealing, Newham, Blackpool and Preston, Forest, Essex (Southend, Chelmsford and Romford,) Lincoln, Perthshire, South Glasgow, Edinburgh and Central Scotland.

Electrician

British Gas is recruiting qualified Electricians to work in our customers’ premises. Field based in your local area, you willcarry out domestic installations, rewires, service and repairs. If you take pride in delivering the first class service our customers expect, you could build a great career at British Gas.

• Qualified Electrician
  • Basic salary £25,783 plus benefits package
  • Van, tools and uniform provided

As a British Gas Electrician, you will bring us your extensive experience in all aspects of domestic electrical work including installation, service, repairs and rewires. Your customer service skills and ability to solve problems will enable you to diagnose defects, work safely to ensure a first time fix for your customer, and promote British Gas products and services by giving professional advice.

You must be qualified in City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent, and City & Guilds 2382 - B.S. 7671 IEE Wiring regulations. You must also have experience working as a qualified domestic Electrician. We also require you to have a full UK driving licence with 6 points or less. In return, British Gas offers industry leading training and development, as well as a rewarding benefits package including holidays, pension and share schemes.

Click here to apply or set up a Job Alert British Gas Jobs - Find a job - Your applications - Your application

Many thanks

Hi Helen,

Would BG be interested in Subcontractors aswell as PAYE staff?

Regards.

Hi, we are not looking for Electrical contractors at the moment I'm afraid, just permanent staff. If you set up a Job Alert on our website, you will be emailed if we open any opportunites for contractors.

Just to update people on this piece of recruitment, we now have enough applicants for Ealing, Forest and Essex, so those jobs have closed. The other areas are still open, and thanks to everyone who has been in touch so far.

RE : BRITISH GAS ELECTRICIAN, . . Hmmmm! am I a sore loser?
I have just completed the British Gas "Sparky" test, at the Thatcham Academy (05/06/13) I was told that 8 questions are a 'MUST' get right, or instant FAIL!, (I GOT THOSE RIGHT) with an 80% or above pass rate required. ( I had already passed the phone call technical questions)
The (exam) was 30 multiple choice, technical questions, lasting 45 mins, with an "open book" policy.
I was was told that as I had got 4 questions wrong, below 80% I had NOT met the expected level of technical electrical knowledge required for the position.! ! ! O.K. fair enough! . . .
No problem, I don't know it all and NEVER will. My gripe/point however IS that the position I went for was for a DOMESTIC/RESIDENTIAL! electrician.
. . .the questions that I FAILED on was, eg. Highways, portable appliances, DC voltages, and one other that I have NEVER even heard of, and could not find in my O.S.G.?
Instead of thanking me for my time and efforts, and that the process has now ended, they continued to interview me, with a prolonged ethos of customer care. (another 1+ hours)
I was left thinking that despite the failed 'technical' test, that I had done VERY WELL, and would be notified within 2 weeks/14 days, as to the outcome of the interview.
Surprise, surprise, the VERY next morning 06/06/13 I had to listen to a BIG LOAD of SPILL, of how well I had done, but another candidate had 'Blown them away' with his technical expertise! and that it was NOT good news for me :-(
This is NOT the first time that I have not been unsuccessful in getting a job, and it will not be the last, but something here with these Monkey's has got my ALARM bells ringing.
In conclusion, if you get offered an interview for BG, don't be surprised if you are not up to required standard , or if the position EVER really existed ? ? ?

Reply to Domestic Electrician jobs at British Gas in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net