Domestic installation testing guide | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic installation testing guide in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electek

Hi , Does anyone have any links to websites/threads/documentation for the testing of domestic installations and consumer units as per the exact tests required by 'part p' examiners ?

I have the on-site guide but was wondering if anyone has anything more specific to whats required , and indeed whats 'looked out for' by part p examiners.

Cheers

Chris.

If you havent already got it then buy the IEE Guidance note 3 Testing and Inspection book. This is the testing bible, everything in there is relevant and all the correct test procedures are very well explained and illustrated. The procedures in this book are what the Assessors expect you to work to. As for what the assesor is looking for, he needs to see that you are competent and confident in testing especially if like me you dont have 2391. He will ask you to perform a selection of tests and then ask you if the results you achieve are the expected results and where do you look to confirm this or take reference if you are not sure. If you digest GN3 you wont be a million miles away.
The assessment is open book so having GN3 the BRB annd OSG will make life easier anyway, you can and are expected to refer to any or all of them if you need to.

Cheers..........Howard;)

Last edited by a moderator:
And if guidance note 3 is to expensive at the moment and you want something you can take with you and have a peep at it try the amicus guide to inspection and testing.

Chris

Reply to Domestic installation testing guide in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net