Domestic Installer - What Now????? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic Installer - What Now????? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tracer

Good day all.
Hope I am posting this in the right place!!!
I am currently studying to get my domestic installers qualification. At the end of my studies I will have achieved C&G 2382, 2377, 2392 and EAL certified domestic installer. My plan was / is to work on residential developments (this is where all my previous experience is) and start on C&G2356 (nvq 3). I think this would be the "easiest and quikest" way as you get exposed to a wide range of senarios (and no I'm not looking to buck the system). Now I have been told that I am not allowed to work on construction sites as an domestic installer. Is this true? How would I go about achieving my NVQ 3 as a domestic installer? Or is there a additional course that I have to do to allow me to start work on construction sites?:confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Tracer

The NVQ cannot be achieved solely in the domestic sphere. You must have a combination of Domestic, Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural etc. Perhaps the Tech might advise you.

TECH = your local college mate, you will prob need the 2330 levels 2 and 3 at NVQ if you are to be graded as an approved electrician on the JIB card, thats 3 years min at college for those quals or 2 years if you can find a college which runs them both full time

To get a JIB card do you not have to obtain 2330? I thought the NVQ ran alongside it

Im not the best in this area being unqualified and stuff

2360, 2351 or 2330. Obviously in this day and age we are talking about 2330. 2360 and 2351 would only be for people who have done past Apprenticeships / Traineeships / these courses in the past.

Reply to Domestic Installer - What Now????? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net