Domestic Mantel Cabinet Amm 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic Mantel Cabinet Amm 3 in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rattlehead85

Sorry for the long post in advance.!!
Looking for thoughts on this and some guidance.
I'm on a contract renewing bathrooms and kitchens which includes fuseboard replacement. 80% of the properties have a metal mantel cabinet with old non RCD internal skeleton cu. We have been installing the wylex FALN Skeleton boards with rcd's. which do have a plastic front cover, however, we have ensured that the metal enclosure it is contained in is integral, door closes properly and all holes are sealed tight and both intumescent seals and latch on door.
The contracts manager has now come back to us and said that these do not comply with Amm 3 because the door can be left open by the tenant exposing the plastic fascia inside. Despite demonstrating I have complied with 421 of bs7671 as it is enclosed inside a metal cabinet he claims the boards don't comply and has demanded we go back over 100+ jobs and either install an Amm 3 metal self contained board outside the cabinet or use a new metal skeleton fit inside the cabinet which does not offer as many ways as the original FALN wylex unit does, consequently the contract requests spare ways!!
Thoughts on where I stand on this please because I'm sure what we have installed is compliant and to current bs7671 and wylex manufacturers guidance.

•Installers will be required use consumer units that have their enclosures made from non combustible materials i.e. All Metal Consumer Units
•Apply the same criteria to similar switchgear assemblies such as garage units, PV Switchgear, Switch fuse isolators etc

Taken from Wylex Tech data page 18....
•Within meter cabinets that are of an all metal construction current models of skeleton FAL units can still be used
•Within meter cabinets that are not of an all metal construction, full metal consumer units should be used or an REC isolator can be fitted and a full metal consumer unit sited elsewhere within the premises

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Domestic Mantel Cabinet Amm 3 in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net