Domestic or Commercial EPC needed? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic or Commercial EPC needed? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

saint

-
Reaction score
Hi i need some help with this please guys.

We have agreed terms to install a 4kWp system at a commercial property. The client owns the small factory and also a flat as part of the same building which we rents out. The factory has its own 3phase supply and the flat also has its own single phase supply. The PV is to go on the pitched roof of the flat and feed into the supply of the factory.
So is it a commercial EPC as this is the building it is feeding? or Domestic EPC as it is on a domestic roof?

Thanks
Confused

Hi,
As a former EPC assessor (gave it up as no longer viable) I would suggest that a commercial EPC is required as this is the building where the power will be used (and presumably MCS registered).
It was always a requirement to have separate EPCs for flats above business premises unless the flat could only be accessed from the business premises, e.g. direct from a shop or a pub landlord flat as in Eastenders.
TT

The rules as I understand them, a building that uses the supply would need to have an EPC of band D to be eligible for the FIT at the highest rate.
That is if the building is heated or cooled by a source of energy, or? is a high energy user, which there is no definition as to what a high energy user is.
But if you get this wrong and you have handed in your FIT forms you can not upgrade an EPC retrospectively, to would only get the fIT at the lower rate, which is 9p per unit.
I have sent several questions to OFGEM but sadly they have not had the manners to reply.
This whole thing, as normal is a complete mess.

Reply to Domestic or Commercial EPC needed? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net