Domestic PIR flood liight Bnq fitting problems over riding it | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Domestic PIR flood liight Bnq fitting problems over riding it in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Electricalstuff

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here and first fault working on my own since I left college last july. I swapped over a Fitting the customer had bought from BnQ a Quanta sensor Flood light which the customer wants to over ride on occasion at a switch in here kitchen. The fitting works fine on the PIR on the day mode setting but over riding it by the switch according to the instructions seems a bit temperamental. In the time I was there I could not get it to over ride and had followed the instructions carefully. According to the instructions you switch it on and off within 1 second to over ride the PIR and on and off again within 2 seconds to revert the Flood light back to the PIR. Has anyone had this problem with this fitting alike before?

A colleague of mine has suggested that it may be due to the fact that the switch is not double pole and both the Live and the Neutral need to be switched in order to over ride the Flood light. Failing that could this just be the fitting? or have I missed something somewhere? I will be going back one evening to Test the light further to see if the over ride works at night rather then in day mode. Your positive feed back would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Terry

I think most PIR floods that I have done normally require a flick of the switch off to on and the overide stays on. Then switch off for a good 30 seconds and then back on and you should be back to PIR mode.
I dont think double pole switch is going to work.

Failing that, take the fitting back or if possible could you run a 3core + e from the light switch to fitting and do a manual override?

Most PIR floods are tempermental Terry....biggest time wasters we have to deal with. Chances are the fitting is duff and will have to go back. Snag for you is that the customer supplied and yet will still expect you to waste your time sorting it for them.

usually, you flick the supply off and on quickly to get in manual mode. sometimes twice. to return to auto mode, switch off for 30 secs. then back on. note that the light will probably come on for the duration set on the PIR timer.

Reply to Domestic PIR flood liight Bnq fitting problems over riding it in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net