domestic room layout software | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss domestic room layout software in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tizbad

-
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm trying to find some basic CAD software that i can copy new build plans onto, then add the position of accessories in their own layers of power, lighting etc.
Autocad meets all my needs, drawings can be viewed/edited on site from an ipad, but is too complicated and time consuming. There are lots of simple home designer apps for the ipad, ideal for drawing floor layouts, but they don't have the option to add custom symbols/blocks or use different layers.
Currently i take several paper copies of the build and pencil in sockets, lights , smokes etc onto their own page, but this soon gets messy as changes are made.
Am i trying to over complicate things, how do you all remember/keep track of where everything is supposed to go?

Cheers

Reply to domestic room layout software in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
If you are a registered napit member then you can use their forms as part of the package, I think it costs £1 per cert from the web credit you pay...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Practice makes perfect go for it, don’t be put off. Gaining practical experience will make you an even better designer. Work within your skill...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This looks like a decent project to get your teeth into. It may be worth your while looking through the directory on here for your area as your...
Replies
Views
I worked for a company that built mobile Fuel skids for 3rd world countries. Basically dirty fuel was cleaned through the Process skid and then...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, New here and this question has probably been posted a thousand times, but what I'm looking for if some advice on exactly which Training...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks