Double oven & induction hob wiring | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Double oven & induction hob wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bootes

Hi everyone, this is my first post so if I'm re-posting or in the wrong area I really sorry.

I need a bit of advice as I've been getting conflicting statements from the sparkies at work.

I'm fitting a new kitchen at home and while I'm capable of wiring, I can't test so that will be left to qualifieds. I am replacing a single oven and gas hob with a Zanussi double oven (ZOF35702) and Zanussi Induction Hob (ZEI6640XBA).

The existing cooker point is connected to a B32 RCD with 6mm cable and 6mm cable to a cooker point behind the oven. Obviously the Gas hob was on a 13 amp socket just for ignition.

The Double Oven is 4.9 kw and by my calculation is 20A, the Hob is 7.4 kw. and 30.8A.

What is the best way of wiring? Do I have to run a seperate cable for the Hob?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Bootes the chippy

Double oven & induction hob wiring

Can all the heating elements be used at the same time on your oven, many manufactures list total load added together, but very often you can or wouldn't put the grill on with the top oven, or sometimes both ovens can't be used at the same time, plus you have got a diversity factor you can apply

Re: Double oven & induction hob wiring

Can all the heating elements be used at the same time on your oven, many manufactures list total load added together, but very often you can or wouldn't put the grill on with the top oven, or sometimes both ovens can't be used at the same time, plus you have got a diversity factor you can apply

Hi Chopper76,
As far as I can see both ovens can be used at the same time, also the grill can be used at the same time as the top oven.

32A MCB/RCBO, 6mm cable to Cooker Isolator. from there in 6mm to dual cooker outlet, 1 to hob, 1 to oven sorted. bet you next weeks wages that 32A will never trip on overload. and just t prove it, clamp a tail with eveything switched on. after initial surge, bet it don't read > 25A.

Hi everyone, this is my first post so if I'm re-posting or in the wrong area I really sorry.

I need a bit of advice as I've been getting conflicting statements from the sparkies at work.

I'm fitting a new kitchen at home and while I'm capable of wiring, I can't test so that will be left to qualifieds. I am replacing a single oven and gas hob with a Zanussi double oven (ZOF35702) and Zanussi Induction Hob (ZEI6640XBA).

The existing cooker point is connected to a B32 RCD with 6mm cable and 6mm cable to a cooker point behind the oven. Obviously the Gas hob was on a 13 amp socket just for ignition.

The Double Oven is 4.9 kw and by my calculation is 20A, the Hob is 7.4 kw. and 30.8A.

What is the best way of wiring? Do I have to run a seperate cable for the Hob?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Bootes the chippy
the wiring or the testing?
dont forget that if you wire it yourself the most you can expect from an electrician as far as certification is concerned would be an ECR...

Re: Double oven & induction hob wiring

Yes. The double oven surely helps you using all heating elements at the same time. It is really efficient too and saves time too.

Reply to Double oven & induction hob wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net