doubling up on mcbs | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss doubling up on mcbs in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

twodds

hi fellow sparks
Ive been told whilst working for my present firm that we can double up on breakers if we are fitting a fused spur to the meters we have been installing,the meters only run 0.6 amps
and we usally put them on a 3 amp fuse and on a 6amp mcb.since being told the regs are changing this year so we can double up i cant see that its right to do this and plus its not on paper yet to the rest of us to do.please can any senior spark shed light on this because im not prepaired to do this unless its ok to do so
cheers Twodds

Seen it done a few times, if overloaded the breaker would operate because remember it would be the sum of the total current from both the spur and the ring flowing through the breaker. Personally I would only leave it as one socket/ lighting point from that spur and label appropriately. It just looks messy in the CU.

Reply to doubling up on mcbs in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

To start with you have to understand that you are looking at 2 different calculations with the first one being your calculated load which is the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nothing wrong with it. Which manufacturers have you got this information from? What do you mean by trip speed? Fuses and MCBs can operate in the...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
Hi and Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you keep yourself busy in your retirement!
Replies
Views
I'm begining to think like this now, I very rarely work for builders anymore but the couple that I still do work for are the worst payers out of...
    • Agree
Replies
Views
Yes the first bit is just standard wiring, TNS lead cable into cut-out, cut-out to meter, meter to DP isolator, top of isolator is sealed as per...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks