Drayton 3 port valve wiring - Y Plan | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Drayton 3 port valve wiring - Y Plan in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

v70 windsurfer

I have a old (1970s) Draton 3 port valve that I am trying to wire into my wiring centre on my heating. The coloured wires are as follows: yellow, black, blue, white and green/yellow. I have managed to track these down to (at the bottom of this wiki page):

Yellow - CH & HW
Black - Neutral
Blue - (HW only)
White - CH only
Green/Yellow - Earth

Can any one advise what these colours relate to with regards to the new wiring convention (orange, grey, white, blue, green/yellow). I believe the green/yellow is the earth and the Black is the neutral; it is the others that I am having trouble identifying.

Can anyone please advise.

Regards

Jon

AFIK I don't think you can. These valves require a heating off which you don't have in modern wiring as the valves are spring return. Also I think the configuration of the valve may be different in that the center connection is the ch port as opposed to the supply.

AFIK I don't think you can. These valves require a heating off which you don't have in modern wiring as the valves are spring return. Also I think the configuration of the valve may be different in that the center connection is the ch port as opposed to the supply.

Thanks for the speedy reply, the configuration is different as you say (inlet being on the bottom of the T and not on the right hand side). I am kind of thinking I will need to change the valve to get the wiring correct.

Reply to Drayton 3 port valve wiring - Y Plan in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net