Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am a landlord/owner of a flat. I am just about to spur off nearby sockets to provide the additional 24hr supply to new Dimplex Quantum storage heaters. Before i do some ugly surface mounted wiring I re-checked the heater installation manual. These Quantum heaters can be wired to a single 24hr supply and rely on their internal timers or wifi controlled timers to ensure they only come on during the E7 night hours - see attached. I have 2 pairs of tails coming from the old RTS meter. One pair for the E7 CU and other for the 24hr CU. So why dont i just put the E7 CU on the 24hr tails as well? The immersion tank has timers too which would be programmed for E7 times. All sockets etc switch to the cheap rate at the E7 times. So why do i need to struggle with adding spurs to nearby sockets when the CU can be changed instead? This RTS meter will be updated shortly so i need to make sure the new type is still compatible with this new 24hr twin tariff setup. OVO wont speak to me about the property meter and this switch over option because i am not the account holder but the tenant wont understand any of this to let them deal with it!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters

Reply to Dual/Single supply Dimplex Quantum storage heaters in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Fantastic thanks Freddo that last photo confirms all your suggestions so I’ll get back over and remove the links and test. Thanks again!
Replies
Views
If you're having new circuits, then a new consumer unit would be highly recommended. One rcd covering the whole installation isn't a good idea...
Replies
Views
  • Question
He can apply for an E7 tariff with or without storage heaters. It depends on his electricity usage profile on whether this is a good idea or not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Jurassics wondering how you got on with this? Just came on to research the quantum's because I've been to my uncles flat and his has failed as...
Replies
Views
If you supply the heaters via the 24hr supply then you're relying on setting the off peak charging times within the heater itself. You will need...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks