Earth leakage | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Earth leakage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

stidge

-
Arms
Reaction score
lads, some advice please
just been to price job,couple of new ccts to loft conv. Had a look at CU and its an old MEM with type 2 breakers and an Earth Leakage RCD. Do i need to replace board with New RCDs or is it still ok to add to this,If yes can i still get type 2 MEM breakers ?????????

Hi.
It all depends. If the new circuits are lighting and power, and assuming that the cables will be partially buried, 17th ed regs would require them to be off seperate RCDs or RCBOs.
Pete

Reply to Earth leakage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Thanks. I guess i might need to swap the 3036 for a 50A MCB & enclosure as there is currently no way to replace the tails that easily!
Replies
Views
  • Question
This sort of thing: https://www.toolstation.com/tis-voltage-tester/p11032 Also remember to test your tester on a known voltage source first...
Replies
Views
I would guess the meter has a problem ,to assess its accuracy you could make a lighting circuit ( pendant on a plug with live and neutral wires...
Replies
Views
Sorry my bad wording. What I meant to say was rcd didn’t trip when I was monitoring high levels of leakage current on the clamp meter. The Test...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks