Earth Overcurrent Protection | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Earth Overcurrent Protection in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

cbw

-
Reaction score
Well thats a first for me.

5 amp fuse holder with what can only be described as a nail for fuse wire into

A 40Amp 30ma rcd with

A C32 MCB for the main earth (SWITCHED OFF!!!!!) then off to

The main fuseboard.

Does "live cables" count as labelling of conductors???

It was either going to catch fire or electrocute someone, (It caught fire)

Dont you love landlords and their maintainence men!!!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Earth Overcurrent Protection
[ElectriciansForums.net] Earth Overcurrent Protection

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Earth Overcurrent Protection
    !cid_Image0191.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 83
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] Earth Overcurrent Protection
    !cid_Image0192.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
and this shows what a waste of time part pee really is. there is absolutely no policing of idiots who do this sort of work, yet a fully qualified, experienced electrician who has not joined a scam can be prosecuted for doing the job correctly. ( that is if he has not notified and paid the fine, sorry, fee, to have his work independently checked.)

Last edited:
There are some stars out there. Problem is we see this all to often, I used to see this 20yrs ago when people had no new fuse wire and used what ever fitted the rewireable fuse. Nails were the normal and it still goes ontoday will they ever learn. Nice picture though.

That is one amazing picture, just unbelievable....

No scheme or legislation can ever stop an idiot with a toolbox but compulsory Periodic Inspections would be a great help!!!!!!!!

That is one amazing picture, just unbelievable....

No scheme or legislation can ever stop an idiot with a toolbox but compulsory Periodic Inspections would be a great help!!!!!!!!
would be a good idea, but can't see it ever happening.look what happened to the HIPS, badly thought out, scrapped.part pee even worse, and about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. when will politicians and bureaucrats learn that to come up with a sensible answer to the problem, they have to involve somebody who knows what they are talking about. The organisation is there ( IET), so when can we expect some action similar to Corgi, now Gas Safe. it's not rocket science to come up with a workable solution, without these bureaucratic, couldn't care less , as long as they've got our money, scams ( schemes). i know, it's been done to death on the forum already. think it's time to educate the legislators.

The problem is we don't kill enough people to warrant good, strong, tough legislation.

Prescott and his team made a complete mess of 'part p' it was an opportunity to be tough and make a difference but it ended up as a watered-down lame duck.

The IET, the scheme providers and LABC have their fair share of the blame to shoulder too-they were involved throughout the lengthy and expensive consultation process.

The problem is we don't kill enough people to warrant good, strong, tough legislation.

Prescott and his team made a complete mess of 'part p' it was an opportunity to be tough and make a difference but it ended up as a watered-down lame duck.

The IET, the scheme providers and LABC have their fair share of the blame to shoulder too-they were involved throughout the lengthy and expensive consultation process.

well, we know that prescott couldn't organise a gang bang in a brothel, look at the M4 bus lane!! can't see much improvement with this new coalalpit government. they're all so far up their own jacksies, red or blue ( or is it now brown and grey) they'll only act when a senior politician gets a wake-up shock from his "my hammer approved" installed shower.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't reckon whoever put this in would even have the nouse to get through a part p inspection. This is not a part p issue, this is a 'blind eye' issue regarding policing the idiots and 'handymen' going round messing everything up. The part p schemes don't have the power to police these fools even if they wanted to (which, admittedly, they don't)

I have seen some sights in my time but to put an MCB on an earth is sheer lunacy and demonstrates absolute ignorance.

I work in other countries and you have to have your qualifications and be registered with the government before you can work in homes ( in Denmark now working as I write this ). All the home owners are aware of this and ask you for your card when you enter the house. They require the paperwork for the work you have done as you can not sell the house in the future and as a result big fines are placed on the home owner for the work carried out. If other places can do it why can we not do it, just get a register of all electricians in the uk and red tape people can start the ball rolling we are the ones with the knowledge so we should sort the paperwork on each and every job.Yes we have JIB so build on this, would be a good start.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work in other countries and you have to have your qualifications and be registered with the government before you can work in homes ( in Denmark now working as I write this ). All the home owners are aware of this and ask you for your card when you enter the house. They require the paperwork for the work you have done as you can not sell the house in the future and as a result big fines are placed on the home owner for the work carried out. If other places can do it why can we not do it, just get a register of all electricians in the uk and red tape people can start the ball rolling we are the ones with the knowledge so we should sort the paperwork on each and every job.Yes we have JIB so build on this, would be a good start.

We should really continue this on this thread: http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...rical-forum/26462-future-part-p-question.html

First time I've ever seen the earth run through an MCB:confused:.........be interesting to know the thought process..(assuming there was one).. behind it.

I'm not sure I want to delve into the thought process of anyone that can produce such scandalous crap!

Reply to Earth Overcurrent Protection in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net