earthing oil | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss earthing oil in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andrewcann

hi all no this may have all ready be ask but i have just installed a new circuit for solar panels and a new 2way ccu for it the problem i have is that none foe the bonds have been done i can get to the water no prob but i cant get to there the oil come in as it under a solid floor and customer doesnt want in in mts or chased out is there any other way of geting round this

Are we talking about the oil feed from the tank to the boiler? How far before it eventually pops up towards the boiler. Cannot see a problem as unlike water you are not teeing off as its a boiler feed. Get it where you can as soon as you can. BTW it is a metal pipe ?

yes it is the oil feed frome tank to boiler the only place i can get it is outside bu the tank which is abou 15m away from where it comes in and cant get to earth cable to the pipe inside ever

the boiler in in a solid concrete chimmney and the pipe is run from the tank under the floor and comes up next to boiler so there is no way of getting the cable the apart from chaseing up there floor

would do if it was posable to get a cable there lol solided floor and customer dont want the floor chaset up or surface any where

So the pipe CAN be bonded inside the house if the cable is surfaced fixed but the customer just doesnt want it on show ?
Well not doing it is a big deviation and will have to be noted any certs you issue.
And i'd be making it clear to them what a big no-no this is and urge them to reconsider.
A compromise ? PVC trunking is preferable to naked cable.

it may not be the best solution but can you not run it externally at low level in conduit?In future I would suggest also that you explain to client what work needs doing and proposed routes for cables etc then if client does not accept proposed route and is unable to suggest a viable alternative you simply decline the work and are not placed in this position.

it may not be the best solution but can you not run it externally at low level in conduit?In future I would suggest also that you explain to client what work needs doing and proposed routes for cables etc then if client does not accept proposed route and is unable to suggest a viable alternative you simply decline the work and are not placed in this position.

that is want i normal do but this is for a company i work for

If there is no plastic between the water at the main riser and the boiler the only solution would be to bond the oil to the water at the boiler. Not ideal and would need to be noted as a deviation but you should get a reasonably low resistance, doubt it would be 0.05 Ohms but its better than nothing.

Reply to earthing oil in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net