earthing | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss earthing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dave-gardiner

i have a agricultral site that has a 3 phase feed into a boiler house but if this feed fails there is a changeover switch that puts a different feed from another site.
firstly is this allowed?
secondly what sort of earthing arrangement should there be, as potentially a different earth from 2 different sites.

I also feel that the earthing conductors from each site will have to be sized to take the largest fault current from the sites. If there is a Potential difference, current will flow.
Common practice in my experience is to install earth bars with disconnect links, so that the earthing conductors from each installation can be isolated when required.

Reply to earthing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Better/Smart/intelligent/expensive generators require two earth spikes set ~10-15m apart. They check the resistance between spikes and will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I may have been mistaken regarding TT I will look into that, thank you for the valued reply, but in general I stick to my post, a good topic for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think there is a little truth in what the guy in the video says, but he makes more out of it than he should. A N-E fault on a circuit protected...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Its down to the budget and your experience level - If they cannot pay you cannot work, If you dont know whats safest you shouldn't work - If you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
much more information required. Is the supply to the first building a DNO supply or a sub main cable from another building ? if it is a sub main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks