East west split | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss East west split in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Coleman

Has anyone had any problems with east /f west/f systems?
Went back to an install lastweek only generated 6.5kw in 5 days (4.0kw system)With pv1 3.6 not good! Customer going mental!

Yikes where are you guys? I have noticed that it varies alot. Near me weather has been good but some systems in Scotland have generated near nothing in the last 5 days.

Good website to compare similar pv systems which are nearby to you is pvoutput.org

Select teams and then United Kingdom. Lots are 4kW but most south east, south or south west.

If you upload your data to the website you can compare it to others easily. If you have sma, then pvbeancounter is good. The more on their the better I think.

Cheers,

Del Boy

3.5 system SE facing 14.6 Kw last 5 days. Is there a prize?????
That is good! Where abouts in the country r u? Apparently some e/w systems will absorb energy from there opposite array. instead of generating down through the AC, I'm pretty sure that's the reason for the low reading on the meter

That is good! Where abouts in the country r u?

Sunny South coast Southampton. 14 Sanyo 250 with Enecsys microinverters. I get shading issues from a large tree and the low sun causes some shading from neighbouring roofs.

It really depends on a lot of things.. although that does seem quite low. What panels/inverters are you using, does the inverter have dual MPP tracking, etc, location and pitch of the roof.

That is good! Where abouts in the country r u? Apparently some e/w systems will absorb energy from there opposite array. instead of generating down through the AC, I'm pretty sure that's the reason for the low reading on the meter

Hmm, that's not right at all. The panels will not absorb energy from the other side - although one side will impact heavily on the other if they are not split into two strings.

Have you made sure that the inverter is in independent mode?

The inverter was a power one 3.6 outdoor and it was wired with to strings on independent mode,
also for my reasoning on this is that the dc voltage reading wasnt far apart between the two strings ie : 220 /240 when the sun was only on the one side

Have you run the aurora datalogging software to check the inverter logs? You do need to remember it is the worst week of the year for solar and a lot of customers don't seem to grasp the relationship between light and power output.....! E/W systems do perform a lot worse in the winter months than you would expect, we have been looking at a few systems this week down on the south coast with a power one inverter and the EW 3.8kw evenly split produces approx 3units on a clear day whilst a 3.8kw south system has done approx 7 units a day, both with poly crystalline panels.

Reply to East west split in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net