EDF strop | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss EDF strop in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just had an EDF Engineer do a de-energise/re-energise in West London
As he was doing it he casually threw in that all my main protective bonding had to be 16MM.
Nice, I'd just routed a 10mm over hill and down dale to get to the gas supply. We had a discussion, quoting regs mandatory/statutory blah blah. He rang his supervisor who said get him to uprate his supplementary bonding to 16mm!
Complete cak off course (just installed a split 17th edition CU, no need for supps) but I just went with it.

When he came back I pointed out that his supply side tails were only 16mm. His response was to threaten to down grade the supply to 60amps! told me i should be supplying the tails! He magically found some 25mm and did the job.

Nightmare getting fuses pulled in London and forget getting an isolator fitted. Spent hours negotiating through the call centre and ended up talking to an engineer via a telephonist. Literally like talking through an interpreter...

Wiltshire, no problem, isolator fitted £30ish no test results needed...

I know if I'd got the client to arrange it all i probably would have lost the job through frustration..

Add half a day admin charges?

Cheers
s

Well that is strange because in their ESQCR-2002 section 24(4) states

In order to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of regulation 24(1) duty holders should adopt the standards of construction and installation necessary to comply with BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations.

So I wonder how they squared away reg 544.1.1 concerning the main protective bonding conductors?

I think you are looking for the expression "Jobs Worth" I call it the Ryan Air Syndrome where you buy a ticket but if you want to deviate ie buy a cup of tea , take a case on board, need a pee,want a window seat or even find that you have forgot tpo put your middle name on the ticket then you my friend are going to pay. I find they are all the same ie "what you want me to fit a isolator whilst I am here O sorry no can do that another department and it will cost then you say well it would be an idea if you fitted an isolator when you upgrade the meter O sorry...................................................................You know the rest

Reply to EDF strop in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net