EICR - commercial and domestic differences | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss EICR - commercial and domestic differences in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Eddiesparks

Hello there boys and girls,

I've been away a few weeks, being rushed off my feet with loads of work thank God! Hope you all have enough to do yourselves.

Anyway...

I have done a fair few EICRs on domestic properties and I think I am pretty clued up about the relevant regs etc.

I'm about to do a couple of EICRs on the common areas of some flats for the management company. I don't think there's many differences, just doing the usual testing for sockets and lights pretty much - in fact a fair buit more simple (?!?!). They have 60898 boards with no RCD protection at all. I suppose as sockets being used by unskilled or uninstructed people, concealed cables <50mm BUT sockets unlikely to be powering mobile outdoor equipment and no bathroom zones (obviously!) then this in itself is only a C3. (providing satisfactory Zs results)

Is this right?

Also, is there anything else glaringly different between domestic and commerical (as I understand common areas are) EICRs?

There's no emergency lighting and no fire alarm system but i understand this is not to be explicitly highlighted as a fault on the EICR as this will be the remit of the fire risk assessment.

I will price up the remedial work too but I am not a cowboy - I genuinely always try and use the regs to try and find cheaper solutions for customers rather than the other way round like some cheeky so-and-sos do (giving us honest blokes a bad name!!)

Thanks peoples,

Eddie

Reply to EICR - commercial and domestic differences in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net