Electric underfloor heating onto concrete floor. Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electric underfloor heating onto concrete floor. Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electric underfloor heating onto concrete floor.

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which is very thick concrete. He wants electric underfloor heating but I'm concerned he'll lose too much heat into the concrete.
He's gone with tumbled modular limestone and the floor is quite wavy which they want to keep but all the insulation I've come across is boards which will flatten the floor out too much, ( he wants to follow the slopes on the floor )
What other options are there please, or will a decoupling membrane with the heat mat on top be sufficient? Cheers Gav.

Electric underfloor heating onto concrete floor. for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Electric underfloor heating onto concrete floor. Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

R
  • Article
Ardex Na / 77 and decoupling membrane Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in our renovated kitchen tomorrow. Tiles are 450x450x10 porcelain...
Replies
Views
redchair
R
P
  • Article
Porcelain tiles potentially over weight limit: is this a big issue? Without thinking too much about it (DIY job), we bought these tiles, and now...
Replies
Views
poiupp
P
  • Article
Moisture in floor advice...please Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what...
Replies
Views
D
  • Article
Tiling onto plywood I read some posts earlier regarding tiling onto plywood. I did a job just over a year ago. When I looked at it I advised...
Replies
Views
D
M
  • Article
Advice please, bathroom fitter has dot and dabbed tiles! Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently...
Replies
Views
Mitchell
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks