electric water heating options | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss electric water heating options in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevben

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, got a flat conversion job coming up and developer has decided it's too expensive and safer not to install gas into the property. The flats are very small so it has been decided that convector heaters are to be used for space heating (due to 24hr option). Gone done the route of storage heaters and immersion heater and electric combi boiler (wet system)-(boilers with cylinder physically too big) option. Customer completly ruled these options out! My question is - What is the best electric boiler to supply hot water to kitchen, bathroom tap (no bath)- (smaller size the better) and also provide for a mixer valve shower ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

There is a under sink sealed system instantaneous water heater (Mains pressure hot water) will need a discharge/pressure relieve valve so falls under a plumber who holds a pressure ticket. Will cope with bathroom sink and kitchen sink but no good for mixer shower. As far as I’m a wear for mixer shower you need stored hot water like immersion but that’s been ruled out. Would have to consider electric shower if that’s the road to go down. We got one from Electric Center and our plumber fitted it. Was used in an old peoples apartment. They took the gas combi out for same reason and storage heaters, and electric shower fitted. Just consider your load in the property.

Already consided electric shower but i'm sure i have seen a small combi that claims to be ideal for mixer (just like power shower) think it was the Dimplex Ascali -not sure though- but unfortunatly can't find any literature regarding this again. It may be said boiler with the additional cylinder that claims this - which is out of the question. Heatrea Sadia have some small boilers that sort out the taps but don't mention showers , again any suggestions would help- cheers

Already consided electric shower but i'm sure i have seen a small combi that claims to be ideal for mixer (just like power shower) think it was the Dimplex Ascali -not sure though- but unfortunatly can't find any literature regarding this again. It may be said boiler with the additional cylinder that claims this - which is out of the question. Heatrea Sadia have some small boilers that sort out the taps but don't mention showers , again any suggestions would help- cheers

This one?
Dimplex - WATER HEATING - ELECTRIC BOILER

Does not sound very efficient !!

Dimplex - WATER HEATING - ELECTRIC BOILER

Personally I think the developer needs to rethink as I don't think people would want to buy or rent and then pay the high running costs of the inefficient system he wants installing.

Having done the calcs many years ago to convince a mate who was very pro economy 7 that even utilising off peak tariffs to the maximum this was not the most efficient method of heating his new house and hot water, it certainly made my mate rethink and he had the calcs checked and changed his mind and alot of other people he spoke to, for me having done the calcs as a bit of a crusade to settle the arguement it does make me consider the options available to provide maximum benefit at cheapest ongoing cost

Reply to electric water heating options in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net