Electrical Apprentice Seeking Guidance. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electrical Apprentice Seeking Guidance. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dilraj Bhambra

Hi, im new to this site so just something about me

im 19, 20 in june , i have completed my level 2 2330 and i am on my level 3 2330. i have also started the nvq level 3 in september which was the new course 2357. also with my level 3 nvq i get the testing and inspection done which is am2? sorry about my information.

i have been working since i started the course 2 and half years ago, domestic and commercial.

im planning to complete my level 3 this year and finish my nvq by next year since, this is the new course the old course united will be merged, so i don't have to do 3 years of the new course, once i finish my nvq i can apply for the JIB (joint industrial board) and hopefully receive it.

i will get my 17th edition in september from the college. and i just needed to know what steps i need to take next. and what qualifications would i need more like cscs card? or part p? should i go university and if i did what would i be studying? and once i get my jib card, it would be possible to work outside the uk?

i just need some guidance, cheers

CSCS card is the wrong one mate, you need ECS it's the same basically but mored aimed at electricians. If I were just coming out of my apprenticeship now I'd be looking at university, more and better quals usually = better jobs and money

Haha, Cheers for the info Trev, il think about it, and dingledong, i have spoke to like 5 people about life your probably the same :D

Does university make that big difference? i mean i want to work industrial outside the uk, but would the benefit from university make that difference? like can you explain what i need to do at university and how long it would take?

Also What other qualifications would i need to have to become fully qualified? even extra qualifications, that would look good on my cv

If you are keen on industrial, then the ONC/HNC Electrical Engineering route is the way most of us went. I think you need a clear vision of exactly what kind of Company you would like to work for, then speak to them about their requirements.

Reply to Electrical Apprentice Seeking Guidance. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net