Electrical danger notification and non paying customer | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Electrical danger notification and non paying customer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pud

-
Reaction score
OK so I have a customer who won't pay ( claim not to have the money).
Its a shop due to open tommrow and its not finished, there are bits missing all over and only a couple of circits temp connected.
Should I do a EDN to cover my arse as its not finished or tested.

You can only say that if it is in a dangerous situation.... he might have got some cowboy in to finish off enough that he can open.

on the other hand, if there is an incident, the question will be asked who did the electrics.... and your name will come up.

they may not be interested in the fact it wasn’t finished.... you’ll still have a fight on your hands.

If it was me,
I'd print / write out the notice, assuming as above it was dangerous at the time you last saw it, if not just a note to say it's incomplete.
Go to the shop and temporarilly stick it on the window and take photographs that include distinguishing features of the shop in the background and also a close up of the notice.
Then remove the notice and push it through the letterbox.

Preceed or follow this up with an emailed version.

What I wouldn't be doing is turning up when the shop is open and risking conflict of some sort.

And you might as well say good bye to the money owed and don't fall for the finish the job and they'll pay everything, they've already demonstrated they're prepared not to pay.

Cover you own backside but make sure it is all above board. As above, issue a notice to say it is only partly completed/not tested/not safe, and issue an invoice for the work so far.

If they don't pay you and yet have managed to pay someone else to complete it they are going to have some difficulties when it comes to any court case. Even if that would prove too expensive for you relative to what you are owed, usually just the solicitor's letter threatening formal legal action will make then pay.

Also be aware of the value of what was called the small claims court. Not super expensive and as above the threat alone can work.

Reply to Electrical danger notification and non paying customer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back