Electrical Estimator Starting Out Questions | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electrical Estimator Starting Out Questions in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tapley1999

Hello all, finally got a position iv been craving for. Been interested in the estimating side for years and eventually had the balls to take the step. Had the interview and all seems good but was just wondering what pay I should be looking at and car allowance, laptop, helpful tools I could need to help to estimate and things I could get into to give me a heads up and start off ahead of the game
I.e estimating programes, clients, suppliers lists etc etc.

Any help from anyone I would be so appreciative as this is going to be an eye opener which I think I'll succeed in but want the best possible start.

Cheers for taking the time out to read this post

What exactly is this position that you've 'got' then that you don't know what you'll be paid, if you getting a car or not, or even what you'll need to do the job?

I'm confused.

More information needed.

I remmeber when I served my time the estimaters never left the office did every thing off drawings as all the work was new build.

But as said you should have asked these questions at the interview as if you accept and find out yoi have been shafted it will be to late.

Ok fairly snotty replies but hey. It's a position for an electrical estimator, office based position but must go to jobs to gather info for my estimate. I asked these questions at the interview and got answers but what I'm after from putting my post up is what others have received from estimating jobs after coming straight from the tools. Basically wanting to compare to see if it's a good rate and if I've received a good offer with good prospects. I'm happy with what's been offered but I'm new to it all. Iv still got to rubber stamp it hence why I ask so maybe I could put further suggestions to them.

morning, i'm an estimating manager. sounds like you have been offered an trainee estimator position?
if not you could be in trouble.biggest mistake people make estimating is under estimating the labour aspect of the job.most self employed boys learn by trial and error.there are countless estimating packages out there, estimation being probably the best known.you can find out average salary etc by googleing electrical estimator jobs.

Reply to Electrical Estimator Starting Out Questions in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net