Electrical Supply for public event | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electrical Supply for public event in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

zoomcat

Hello

I am organising a public event where the available electrical supply is 3 phase. However I want this to go into a portakabin with about 10 computers and lamps in which all have normal domestic plugs. Please can anyone tell me what sort of splitter or other kit i need to make this conversion possible.

As you can tell I am no electrician and any advice would be extremely helpful thanks.

Cheers
Simon

Hello

I am organising a public event where the available electrical supply is 3 phase. However I want this to go into a portakabin with about 10 computers and lamps in which all have normal domestic plugs. Please can anyone tell me what sort of splitter or other kit i need to make this conversion possible.

As you can tell I am no electrician and any advice would be extremely helpful thanks.

Cheers
Simon

If you are only supplying 10 computors why do you require 3 phase, a single-phase 60A supply should be sufficent Insure all sockets and lights are RCD protected, best use RCBO and split the socket into 2 circuits with 5 computor on each circuit.

I would install non standard 13A BS1363 socket outlets for all the computors, this will mean that you will have to change the plugtop on the computors, but it will stop non athorized person from installing other equipment and over loading your circuits.

www.farnell.com/datasheets/6725.pdf

Thanks Zupos. In fact the only supply available in the location is the 3 phase 63A so unfortunately can't follow your instructions. In total we will have the 10 computers, 10 monitors, 2 printers, scanner, 10 lights and a small PA sound system. Any other help welcomed.
Cheers, Simon

Thanks Zupos. In fact the only supply available in the location is the 3 phase 63A so unfortunately can't follow your instructions. In total we will have the 10 computers, 10 monitors, 2 printers, scanner, 10 lights and a small PA sound system. Any other help welcomed.
Cheers, Simon

fine but you will still need to protect each circuit via RCD so would still split computors and run 3 or 4 radials circuits wired in 4mm twin+earth and protect each via 20A RCBO, if you use all 3 phase ensure that it not possible to plug commputor into 1 phase and monitor or printer into another phase, I would still consider using only 1 of the 3 phase available it still safer to only have 230V present then 400V. using the new wiring colours I would connect to either the black or grey phase, as they seem to be used less.

Cheers, Simon

Is the portakabin pre-wired? if so just take as single phase supply to the portakabin.

Reply to Electrical Supply for public event in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net