Electricians Tax Safe Plan!!!!!!!!!!!!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electricians Tax Safe Plan!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

powervan

Lol do u owe tax ? have u underpaid? nice letter to recieve on a FRIDAY! they gonna target sparkies now!! plumbers last yr!! i pay an accountant to look after my accounts TALK TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not a question of wether you break the rules or not. Even if you play exactly by the book an investigation is a nightmare. 1-2 days of your time plus additional accountancy fees, and they will find something if only to justify their existance!
There is, I think, an element of scaremongering in this, a bluff to get people to 'fess up with just enough investigations to keep people on their toes.
I have heard they target certain accountants customers if possible problems look likely (i.e. if your returns are regularly late)

Well I`m a member of the Federation of Small Business. OK so it costs £170 per year but they headhunt all the best Tax Inspectors and if I get investigated I can hand it all over to them to fight my corner for me. Frankly I recon I play by the rules. Dont have anything to hide but as moggy says its a nightmare for a simple sparks to deal with.

Why they are hunting us? Well the answer is simple enough, we are easy to find through the Part P providers like plumbers are through GasSafe etc. The big cash goes into the pockets of builders not associated trades in my experience but they are harder to regulate as they dont issue certs. As for garden services, tree surgeons, fire wood sellers etc etc I`m not sure I ever met one that didnt take 60% + cash in hand

lol my painter mate had a £60,000 demand! he lives in council flat! earns £120 a day on a good day! works weekends when he can! it went on for a yr! bailiffs to his flat ! then tax man dropped it cause they realised he was struggling to earn a living and pay his rent!!

Suprised they didn't post a thread on here ...done a google search and this was on the top page by HMRC aimed at electericans cant remember what i googled...

Yet Vince Cable can "forget" about a couple of million he earned and then says "whoops it was an accident sorry" and he gets a little smack on the legs and told he's a naughty boy

working people will pay up, simples. i wouldnt say not paying fine, send me to jail for 6 months

Problem is they will see your missus n kids on the street...anyways i pay enough tax at the petrol station and smoke 40 in order to pay more tax ....what more do they want...tax crack and i'd owe a fortune....

Problem is they will see your missus n kids on the street...anyways i pay enough tax at the petrol station and smoke 40 in order to pay more tax ....what more do they want...tax crack and i'd owe a fortune....

Ive got a big crack but im not going to pay extra for it.Seriously if i have to declare every single penny i get then im off down the dole for a better living standard.

"friends" of ours have just got a brand new car fully serviced/mot after the 3rd year taxed too.So i said oh you just have insurance to find "no its paid"No council tax,free school meals £25 top up rent to find and no water rates.This is a man who was struggling around when his appeal was on then was up like a spring chicken to decorate the full house and garden work once the appeal was won.Sickens me this country rewarding laziness and taxing hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got a big crack but im not going to pay extra for it.Seriously if i have to declare every single penny i get then im off down the dole for a better living standard.

"friends" of ours have just got a brand new car fully serviced/mot after the 3rd year taxed too.So i said oh you just have insurance to find "no its paid"No council tax,free school meals £25 top up rent to find and no water rates.This is a man who was struggling around when his appeal was on then was up like a spring chicken to decorate the full house and garden work once the appeal was won.Sickens me this country rewarding laziness and taxing hard work.

spot on mate,i find the harder i work the worse off i am,

Reply to Electricians Tax Safe Plan!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net