Electrics in wet area | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Electrics in wet area in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

dogeatgod

DIY
Reaction score
Is this ok for a shower install?
It’s public access and does not seem safe to me.
A consumer retail shower has had its putter housing cut to access and cable trunk is open at top where water can egress.

In UK

Thank you in advance

[ElectriciansForums.net] Electrics in wet area

This is an omnicare shower, designed for care homes and hospitals for less mobile individuals.

The shower itself may be designed for surface cable entry and are designed so any water entry in the top passes straight through. (MAY be designed)

The installation is untidy, but not “dangerous”

Visually, anyway. Can’t say about what I can’t see.

It looks like this is a repair for a damaged shower.
If this is an area likely to be vandalised, then it could become unsafe, very quickly.

This is an omnicare shower, designed for care homes and hospitals for less mobile individuals.

The shower itself may be designed for surface cable entry and are designed so any water entry in the top passes straight through. (MAY be designed)

The installation is untidy, but not “dangerous”

Visually, anyway. Can’t say about what I can’t see.

It looks like this is a repair for a damaged shower.
If this is an area likely to be vandalised, then it could become unsafe, very quickly.
Thank you - for response.
It’s likely to be subject to abuse so will recommend to management it be looked at as soon as possible.

It’s just the original shower looks almost bulletproof. Hard to damage.

The white trunking lid could be pulled off, someone could get hold of the cables and yank at them.

A risk assessment should be performed between the likelihood, and severity of any accidents that could occur.

Reply to Electrics in wet area in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net