Emergency lighting - help and advice | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Emergency lighting - help and advice in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkysean

Hi I have a 3 gang grid-switch which has 3 emergency key switches in the same enclosure, I want to make this a two way circuit and convert the 3 gang switch to a one gang (and obviously then I will only want 1 emergency key switch). I was planning to do this using a contactor and the new switches will are to be IP56 rated. I would like any advice on alternative methods or any potential problems that may arise. So if any body out there would be kind enough to share there knowledge I would be most appreciative.

yours faithfully

Sparkysean.

I have wired some lights which includes em lights and they are fed off a key sw, when the key sw is open all the lights are on and the led is on on the em fitting which is good but when I flick the key sw the lights stay on and the em goes into em mode which is good but the led then goes off, should this happen or wen in test mode should the led still be on and only go off wen power failure,

Hi I have a 3 gang grid-switch which has 3 emergency key switches in the same enclosure, I want to make this a two way circuit and convert the 3 gang switch to a one gang (and obviously then I will only want 1 emergency key switch). I was planning to do this using a contactor and the new switches will are to be IP56 rated. I would like any advice on alternative methods or any potential problems that may arise. So if any body out there would be kind enough to share there knowledge I would be most appreciative.

yours faithfully

Sparkysean.

afaik i know you can use a multipole n/c contactor and a key switch(or one of these
DIN Rail Timer - Model 733-00 Emergency Light Central Test Unit)
ie; a N/C pole for each local lighting circuit and the key switch to energize the contactor

altenatively you can buy multi-channel test units

if i'm understanding question correctly-not sure i am?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have wired some lights which includes em lights and they are fed off a key sw, when the key sw is open all the lights are on and the led is on on the em fitting which is good but when I flick the key sw the lights stay on and the em goes into em mode which is good but the led then goes off, should this happen or wen in test mode should the led still be on and only go off wen power failure,

The green LED is a charge indicator and will go off under power failure simulation

yours faithfully

Sparkysean.

How many lighting circuits, how many are to be two way,

You say that the led light goes off under power failure and yes I knw this but does the led stay on or go off wen there is no power failure but you just flick key sw so the light goes into em mode

As I said off under power / simulated power failure, or to put it in laymans terms no power either by keyswitch activation or loss of supply

Non maintained lights do they just need a LNE at them and maintained need LNE and em at them? Because I have been connecting a few up today and some are just LNE and some are we the em at them and also some are just LNE with a link into your em side of exit sign but no actual em feed

Reply to Emergency lighting - help and advice in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net