Emergency Lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Emergency Lighting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

P&Q

Hi Guys,

I am doing the emergency lighting for our local church, it's a one story building, with offices and kitchen as well as the typical chapel & hall. The Fire safety officer has come in and asked them do install emergency lighting and fire alarm. I've been doing the Electrical work there for a while, so this is up to me to do. I have no problems with the fire alarm, but...

To do the design for the emergency lighting, is there anything specific I need to do or have or take into consideration? I haven't done emergency lighting before, so I'd appreciate any little tips and hints and things to consider, because I don't want anything to go wrong or to neglect anything.

Thank you

I'd talk to the fire officer again and ask him/her specifically what is required then go a little bit further.
And make sure you get it right or risk the wrath of God:)

.....and make sure your insurance covers you for this type work. A number of the em lighting Cos offer a design service - worth exploring.

Regards.

.....and make sure your insurance covers you for this type work. A number of the em lighting Cos offer a design service - worth exploring.

Regards.

This also applies to some fire alarm manufacturers who will design and commission your system , if this is any help.

Done a few churches in my time, and due to high ceiling levels they can be a problem for both fire and em lighting,
self contained em lighting packs are usually the best here, basicly power supplies with 2 x 50w halogen lamps. Best installed on walls 6 - 8m above floor level. Standard 8w em exit lights on all exit routes, offices etc 8w bulk heads to cover escape routes and any change in direction or level. Fire alarm install beam detection saves so much time and installation costs.
Hope this gives some idea

Reply to Emergency Lighting in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net