EPC - What do you plan to do? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss EPC - What do you plan to do? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ramjam

Clearly solar PV is going to be tied to EPC in some way.

As I understand it each property has a rating A-G and a possible rating A-G. It makes sense that the government make FIT payments available only to those properties that have achieved their potential. The current suggestion of the minimum 'C' rating is clearly silly but the intention isn't. It's better to stop wasting energy before simply generating more!

What I would like to know is if any of you installers plan to conduct Energy performance assessments and issue certificates?

I guess that if we don't offer this service then every potential customer will have another agent in their home with time to recommend his/her preferred solar PV installer.

We could team up with local energy consultants and that it probably wise but I like the fact that we advertise in the paper, get out enquiries, perform site surveys, take orders, install systems and nobody else is involved.

How do you plan to approach this next obstacle....what's involved in becoming able to issue an EPC anyway?

How is this going to work for industrial/farm buildings? who has ever heard of rated C cow shed? If it kills off large installations i'm out.

In terms of getting assessor acreditation? too many of my mates got burned on the HITS(or whatever those stupid home sale things were) for me to take it seriously. plus there are 100's of assessors everywhere and the rate is about £40. and they are not allowed to recommend firms to do the work.

If it only cost's £40 then there can't be that much work involved. I just googled training and it doesn't cost that much or take that long so I guess we'll do our own which will be more convenient for the customer. Might be a nice way to make site surveys into paying jobs????

Every cloud has a silver lining perhaps?

If it only cost's £40 then there can't be that much work involved. I just googled training and it doesn't cost that much or take that long so I guess we'll do our own which will be more convenient for the customer. Might be a nice way to make site surveys into paying jobs????

Every cloud has a silver lining perhaps?

Yeah....you might get a few £40's in but then when you tell them they need to spend £5K (or more) to get their dwelling "C" rated and then it will be £10K for the Solar PV and 21p a unit FIT you'll find that the sums don't add up for them.

Reply to EPC - What do you plan to do? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net