extention through wall | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss extention through wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

frizzled

Consists; Lead 3mt cable external grade socket and other end of course a 13amp plug. Tested safe.

After storage period of caravan I use the above to power when charging battery and general repairs ready for holidays by currently through open window and it's a pain if I have to go out the extension has to be disconnected so window can be closed for security if I have to go shopping for caravan spares etc. its bungalow.

What I want to do is to drill a hole through the wall on living room wall to outside. Remove the 13 amp plug from the cable and feed the extention lead through the hole to inside. Refit the plug. This will enable security and to leave caravan battery charging over night and not having the cable through open window. Running through a Mobile MCB protector plugged into feed socket in bungalow.

Is this prevented by Part P rules of external electrics supply? As in theory it will only be and extention cable through wall instead of window and not permanent fixed or powered.

Now for other question.

I have a 'Budgie' locator indicates live sockets, switches and lights are live but can't seem to locate the cables buried in the wall and they are only around 25mm deep, even adjusting sensitivity knob. Any good ones reasonably priced on the market?
Many thanks

Consists; Lead 3mt cable external grade socket and other end of course a 13amp plug. Tested safe.

After storage period of caravan I use the above to power when charging battery and general repairs ready for holidays by currently through open window and it's a pain if I have to go out the extension has to be disconnected so window can be closed for security if I have to go shopping for caravan spares etc. its bungalow.

What I want to do is to drill a hole through the wall on living room wall to outside. Remove the 13 amp plug from the cable and feed the extention lead through the hole to inside. Refit the plug. This will enable security and to leave caravan battery charging over night and not having the cable through open window. Running through a Mobile MCB protector plugged into feed socket in bungalow.
Do you live anywhere near Kent .........becasue while your out I'll send my lass over to use your lecy to charge various things .......... seriously do the job properly, get a proper external socket fitted, if you spur of an existing RFC using a switch spur you can then isolate the socket when not in use, stopping my lass charging things or the neighbours doing the same.

Is this prevented by Part P rules of external electrics supply? As in theory it will only be and extention cable through wall instead of window and not permanent fixed or powered.

Now for other question.

I have a 'Budgie' locator indicates live sockets, switches and lights are live but can't seem to locate the cables buried in the wall and they are only around 25mm deep, even adjusting sensitivity knob. Any good ones reasonably priced on the market? Funny I use to have a cat that did that. Any recognised brand such a fluke or B/D would give you some hope, but to be honest i've been doing this for many a year, and unless your willing or wanting to pay top dollar for a piece of kit your budgie will be as good as any
Many thanks

... In case you look back in.............AHa! thought of stolen elects while out .....the socket will be fitted in a earthed metal locked box so unless she's good at picking locks then no chance...and when not in use the disconnected from internal socket....
Thought of permanent with DP switch. Have been told about £100 to do the work I supply socket, security box and D.P switch feed from rear of nearest internal socket. So as a competent person (re-wired lighting in my last house and passed ok before part P) although old in the knees now I'll get er in doors to lift me off the floor when done.

Reply to extention through wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net